Monday 18 February 2013

Soap & Glory - Skin Saviours Review

    
    Despite my long suffering battle with my spot prone skin, I've never really been that much into skincare.

    I've always preferred to splash my cash on makeup to make me look better, rather than something that claims to turn my skin into something resembling a baby's bum. 
Having said that, I am loyal fan of Sudocrem for my spots, which ironically is actually meant for babies bums...

    Anyway, enough talk of bums. My mam bought me a huuuge Soap & Glory giftset for Christmas, and oddly enough, I have fallen in love with the Peaches and Clean 4-in-1 Wash Off Deep Cleansing Milk

    Soap & Glory claim that it's "The best cleansing milk on the market!", and I agree.

    With peach extract, quillaja bark (no I don't know how to pronounce that either,) and jojoba oil, the milk smells divine and once applied to the skin, seems to have a cooling effect. 

    Not only does it help to improve the appearance of your skin and pores, but it completely removes all traces of makeup, leaving you feeling really refreshed. I used to be quite lazy with removing my makeup, I have used cleansing wipes for years, but no matter how much you rub, you can never quite budge every little trace of makeup. This is why this cleansing milk is so perfect.


It's an absolute steal too at only £7!


    Now onto my other fail-safe lush skin product - The Fab Pore Facial Peel.

    This little beauty doesn't look a lot, in fact, when I bought it in desperate need of something to combat my humongous pores, I thought perhaps I was being a little bit robbed of my pennies at £8 for a small-looking tub.

    However, as usual, I was wrong.

    Soap & Glory say that you need to use "a grape sized amount" of the peel, but as I don't slap it over my whole face, (just my t-zone and chin usually,) I use slightly less than that.

    You can leave it on for a quick refresher for 5 minutes, or 15 for a real deep clean. I tend to use it for 15-20 minutes in the evenings when I'm not going to see anyone...(note the scary sun-cream esque photo below.)

    Once reluctantly washed off, my skin feels baby-soft and super refreshed. Appearance wise, my skin is visibly brighter and more 'glowy' and fortunately I can see a decrease in the size of my pores.

Swatches: Left - Cleansing Milk, Right - Pore Peel
    After using these divine products, I'm going to scope out more Soap & Glory products to add to my collection, and at such reasonable prices it would be rude not to!


Does anyone else have a favourite Soap & Glory product?


No comments:

Post a Comment