Wednesday 19 September 2012

Johnson's Put a Twist on an Old Classic

Don't be put off by the word 'baby' in this product's name, Johnson's baby oil is used by women and their babies alike. In fact, it has forever been a staple product for almost every female I know. If you haven't discovered it yet, buy it now.

I came across this shea and cocoa butter version whilst browsing in Kroger, (American supermarket) of all places. As I've already detailed in previous posts, I've come to the States to study for a semester, thus meaning I had one suitcase, a hell of a lot of clothes and not much room for my beloved cosmetics. When shopping in the few stores that I've been to,  I've been thrilled when I've came across a product, such as Johnson's baby oil,  that I always thought was inherently British. 



After using the sunbeds frequently in England, then being greeted by the stupidly hot temperatures in Memphis, I realised the heat was finally taking its toll on my skin. I noticed it was drier than usual, itchy and just not very healthy at all.

Cue the purchase of this little gem. It's just like the original baby oil, except this version is enriched with shea and cocoa butter, helping to make your skin even smoother. It smells gorgeous, but the smell isn't too overpowering like Palmers Cocoa Butter in my opinion, tends to be. I usually apply the oil directly after a shower before I go to bed, and my skin is still smooth and feels hydrated when I wake up. As you can see from the picture, I've used rather a lot already and I've only had it a few weeks. With this product, a little goes a long way so it's very good value for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment