Sunday 11 November 2012

Who Knew Clinique Could Be So Generous?

    During fall break, I went on a trip to Chicago with some friends. The shopping was fantastic, so we all went a bit crazy and spent a few too many dollars.

    I spotted a huge Topshop on Michigan Avenue, and with it being my most favourite shop ever, I spent about 3 hours trawling through the sale racks. I came out with some bits and pieces, which I'll cover in another post.

    Of course I couldn't resist the makeup in Macy's, and I ended up coming away with some lovely Clinique items and a fantastic free gift. (I actually bought the items just to get the gift, that's how good it is.)

     So here they are...
Clinique Superbalanced Powder in Matte Biege.
Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in Intense Ebony.

    The reason I bought the Clinique items in the U.S. is because they are so much cheaper to buy than in the U.K. I'm definitely going to miss American prices when I leave!

     I've used the powder for years, it's great for when you're on the go and don't have a lot of time to do makeup. The packaging is lovely too, which always tends to cloud my judgement when buying things.

     I was recommended the eyeliner by a friend, and it's my favourite eyeliner so far. It has a creamy texture, so it glides on easily. I find that some eyeliners tend to be too dry and you can feel as though you're clawing your eyelid off when applying, but this one is smooth. It's also highly pigmented, and lasts for hours without running.

     Now for the good part...

My Clinique 'Bonus Gift'.

    The gift was definitely the deal-breaker for me. It contains a facial cleanser, moisturiser, mascara, lip gloss and a eyeshadow & blush palette. 

    The colours of the set are beautiful, deep plum for the lips and a burgundy and pale pink for the eyes. In my opinion, fall's perfect colours! The tones are so rich and warm, and fortunately suit all skin tones.

    All of these lovely little products came inside the pretty cosmetic bag, which has a separate, smaller matching bag. It's the perfect kit to take travelling, as it has all the essentials in beautiful packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment