Sunday 18 November 2012

Budget Beauty Buys in Dollar Tree

    The American store Dollar Tree is rapidly becoming one of my weekly go-to stores. It is the American equivalent of Poundland in Britain, and us Brits love a bargain, so naturally I was overjoyed when I first encountered Poundland's stateside counter-part.

    Dollar Tree works the same way as Poundland, every item in the store is one dollar, and whilst there are hoardes of things you wouldn't even buy your dog, once in a while you can come across some hidden gems. 

    Today I bought three items, and although they certainly aren't the most exciting beauty products I've ever purchased, (I go to MAC for that) I know I'll definitely get some use out of them.

NYC Loose Face Powder in Translucent

    Despite this colour being too light for me, if used in moderation and in the right places, it gives a nice glow to my skin and helps my makeup stay in place.

NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Urban Spice

    Another NYC product, this is a cream blush that blends really easily onto the skin. I've been using a Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this, as I think it adjusts better to the skin when used with a brush rather than fingers. The colour looks dark in the packaging, but if it's used sparingly, it contours the cheekbones very well, and adds a sllight shimmer.

How cute?! Tiny 7up bottle lip gloss
     Being a sucker for cute things in every shape and form, I couldn't resist this little lipgloss. It smells and tastes exactly like the drink, and although it doesn't have the best staying power, it gives the lips a nice moisturising sheen. Plus, the packaging is the main reason I bought it, it was just too adorable to pass up!


Swatches; from left to right - NYC blush, NYC loose powder and 7up lip gloss
Has anyone else ever found any great beauty bargains in Dollar Tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment